A list of some of the major policy work undertaken by the State Liberal Party.
State Liberals have successfully fought for the following:
- CFS Cancer Compensation – we forced Labor to backflip on its policy.
- Council rate concessions for pensioners – we pledged to block Labor’s removal of concessions to pensioners for council rates, which resulted in a new Cost of Living Concession being implemented.
- Blocked Labor’s city Car Park Tax.
- Committed to scrapping the River Murray Levy - a policy that Labor has now adopted.
- Saved the SA Tourism Commission Board from being axed.
- Body worn cameras for Police – we announced our policy in early 2015 and Labor has since adopted it.
- Holding Labor to account over the Gillman Land Deal.
- Raised concerns over Labor’s ‘second-hand’ site for a city high school.
State Liberals are committed to reducing cost of living pressures on families and households.
If elected at the next State Election, we will:
- Reinstate the Emergency Services Levy remission that Labor has removed.
- Not introduce any new taxes on the family home.
The State Liberals have campaigned on the following:
- Keeping the Repatriation General Hospital open at Daw Park
- Labor’s plans to downgrade emergency departments at Modbury, Noarlunga and the Queen Elizabeth Hospitals.
- Keeping the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Flinders Medical Centre.
- Calling for an Inquiry into Water Pricing.
- Calling for an Inquiry into Council Rates Capping.
The State Liberals have introduced many pieces of legislation including the following:
- Fairer Marine Parks
- Rights of Foster Carers
- Stolen Generation Compensation
- Tougher Drug Diversion Laws
- Increased Powers to Prevent Live Baiting
- Crack down on Puppy Farms
- Native Vegetation on Road Verges
- Controlled Substances
- Fire and Emergency Services Volunteer Charters
- Freedom of Information Offences
Exposing Labor’s Failures
- State Debt will reach $13.7 billion in 2017.
- Unemployment Rate 7.6% – worst in the Nation
- Labor’s 100,000 Jobs Promise – failed
- Gillman Land Deal - ICAC investigation
- New Courts Precinct – scrapped
- Modbury Hospital – services cut
- Flinders Medical Centre & the Queen Elizabeth Hospital upgrades - scrapped
- 300 extra police officers promise – broken
- Gawler Rail electrification – scrapped
- Future Fund promise – broken
If you would like further information on these or any other topics, please contact me.